Well the day came, and starting on Sunday we prepared to spend a loooong week at home. For 4 days we didn't venture far from the house, and set the potty timer to sit on the potty every 30 minutes. He got a jelly bean for #1, and a sucker for #2. We did Play-Doh, puzzles, painted and played with all Owen's new birthday presents. Everything I could think of to keep us busy at home. There were some frustrating moments, and occasional resistance. But by Thursday, we stopped setting the timer and slowly started getting out of the house again (THANK goodness!!!) I was VERY nervous those first few days out of the house. I constantly told him to tell me if he had to go potty, and was always thinking ahead to when and where our next potty stop would be. I felt like I was traveling with a time bomb that might explode (literally) at any second, and I had to be prepared. So NOT fun!!!
He even peed in parking lots - did not want a wet carseatOne of our first outings was to Trader Joe's and without thinking I let him take a sample of watermelon juice. I wanted to rip it out of his hands as soon as it touched his lips but knew that would cause a scene! So as we were finishing up our shopping I started to get a little anxious, then when I saw how long the checkout line was my pulse really started to race. Finally we are all loaded in the car, and Owen says, "Mom, I have a boo boo." Of course, my mind is in a different place and I think he says "Mom, I have a poo poo." Then I really started to freak out thinking how horrible that will be to clean up out of his new carseat. I eventually realized he really was saying "boo boo" and pointing to some old bruise on his leg. Phewww!! I'm pretty sure potty training is just as hard on parents as it is on the kids.
But, fast forward to 2 weeks later, and Owen is doing amazing!!! No accidents for 10 days straight now! NO more diapers -- yippee! He is completely potty trained and it is cute how proud he is and excited about all his cool new underwear. WAY to go Owen!
Sportin' his days of the week underwear
The police helmet we got him as a reward after 2 days of no accidents



Go Owen!! And YAY for Mommy! That's quite a feat!
ReplyDelete