Monday, October 12, 2009

Slumber Party!

Last Thursday Owen had his first ever slumber party at our house! J.R. and Stacey had some wedding festivities to attend, so we volunteered to watch Aven and Lark while my mom took Kiper. They of course had fun playing together and being silly. They all played outside for awhile, did a little art project, and later we baked and decorated Halloween cookies. Then came the part I was most nervous about -- bedtime! It was an assembly line of jammies on, teeth brushed, favorite blankets/animals passed out. Josh told a story first, then I read a book. It was 8:30 and things were looking promising! Then the girls were really thirsty, so I had to get them water since they promised me that is what their mom and dad did. Next we played musical beds since Owen wanted to sleep on the floor with the girls, but finally he wound up back in his own bed. Then I had to adjust the hall and bathroom lighting so it was bright enough for Aven, yet still dark enough for Owen. Finally, at about 9 p.m. it was quiet! Next morning, we were up bright and early at 6:45 a.m., but everyone did great and had a good time!


Art project

Decorating the Halloween cookies

I love sprinkles!

Yum!


One for Lark, one for mom and dad

Colton loving the attention from the girls

Winding down for the night with a movie

Four little cuddle bugs

1 comment:

  1. How fun for the cousins! What a great time it looks like you had. I love the picture of Josh telling a story- he looks very into it.

    ReplyDelete