Monday, August 16, 2010

Third Time's a Charm!

As everyone who reads this blog probably already knows, we are thrilled to have baby Walz #3 on the way!! I am just entering my second trimester and so far everything is going great. The baby is due on February 18.

We found out we were expecting again on June 10th. Somehow I managed to keep this news to myself throughout the entire day. Then, right before Josh got home from work, I put Colton in the Big Brother t-shirt Owen wore when we announced the news to our family that I was pregnant with Colt. Unfortunately, the Lakers were in the playoffs during that time and there happened to be a game on when Josh got home. With his eyes glued to the T.V. it took me probably an hour to get him to finally really look at Colton. He said to Colt "Hey, you're not a big brother!" Then when he looked over to see me smiling he realized what was going on!

We waited until after my 8-week ultrasound to break the news to the boys. Of course Colt was clueless, but Owen got very excited. He was asking lots of questions, and especially wanted to know how the doctor got the baby out of my tummy. We tried to give him a somewhat truthful explanation of how this happened, but he looked at us and said "That's not how the baby gets out of your tummy! It gets out by magic!" Josh and I looked at each other and then said, "Yep, you're right! That's exactly how the baby gets out." :-)

Throughout the course of this conversation we kept referring to the "new baby." Finally, Owen pointed at Colton and his EXACT words were "But I want to keep this kid." I seriously think he thought getting a "new" baby meant we had to get rid of the old one! Too funny.

We're really looking forward to February to meet the new little person we welcome into the family! In the meantime, I'll keep posting updates on our blog from time-to-time.


6-week ultrasound - just a little pea!

8-week ultrasound - kinda starting to look like a baby

12-week ultrasound - looks a little blurry in this picture but on the actual screen we could clearly see a baby with 2 arms and 2 legs. Even though we've been through many ultrasounds before, it's still so amazing each time you see that tiny baby moving all around the screen!

No comments:

Post a Comment